Employment Opportunities at Triple/S DynamicsPosted on December 6th, 2016 by vapro
TRIPLE/S DYNAMICS, INC. designs and manufactures custom-engineered material handling equipment including vibrating conveyors, vibrating screens, rotary screens, size reduction equipment and density separators. Triple/S is currently seeking a Mechanical Engineer for its Engineering Department.
JOB TITLE: BUYER
DEPARTMENT: Materials Department
REPORTS TO: Materials Manager
This position will be responsible for ordering and supplying the organization with materials, supplies, equipment and services to support manufacturing and non-manufacturing processes.
- Follows company policies and procedures for the purchase of goods and services
- Obtains and analyzes requests for quote and negotiates pricing in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Prepares purchase orders, checking them for accuracy and completeness before issuing.
- Reviews acknowledgements for agreement with purchase orders and resolves any discrepancies with the supplier
- Reviews material exception reports and MRP for future shortages, and plans accordingly to prevent shortages.
- Monitors and follows up on all purchase orders issued to ensure compliance with quantity, specification, quality, delivery and pricing
- Resolve receiving discrepancies with the manufacturer
- Works with suppliers to obtain an RMA to return defective, incorrect materials for replacements or credit
- Associate’s degree required
- Excellent analytical, written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized with excellent time management skills
- Desktop computer and database application skills
- Ability to maintain professional relationships with suppliers and cross-departmentally with team members
- Ability to work independently without direct oversight
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills, with ability to stay on top of workload in a fast paced environment.
- 3+ years prior procurement experience in a manufacturing environment
- Working knowledge and understanding of ERP/MRP systems and their use in a manufacturing environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
This is a full time position. We are located next door to Fair Park, just East of downtown Dallas. Triple/S Dynamics is an equal opportunity employer. Submit resume to Jvillanueva@sssdynamics.com.