Employment Opportunities at Triple/S DynamicsPosted on December 6th, 2016 by vapro
TRIPLE/S DYNAMICS, INC. designs and manufactures custom-engineered material handling equipment including vibrating conveyors, vibrating screens, rotary screens, size reduction equipment and density separators. Triple/S is currently seeking a Mechanical Engineer for its Engineering Department.
Designs, develops, and tests material handling components and equipment to meet customer and industry specifications. Configures and documents product variants. Improves cost and performance throughout the product lifecycle.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Translate customer and industry specifications into product features and performance metrics.
- Plan projects and complete on time and within budget.
- Conduct cross-functional design reviews.
- Document and maintain product and component designs to company and industry standards.
- Model and analyze product designs for performance and reliability.
- Test products in lab and field; document and report results.
- Participate in patent process to establish and protect company intellectual property.
- Support new product introduction to manufacturing facilities.
- Author and edit installation and maintenance manuals.
- Consult with Field Service to troubleshoot application issues.
- Periodic travel to remote manufacturing facilities across Texas, as well as some travel to domestic and international customer facilities when needed.
Education – Experience – Qualifications:
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- Proficient with ANSYS simulation and/or similar finite element analysis (FEA) software.
- 3-5 years experience designing and testing mechanical equipment.
- Strong analytical skills; solve complex problems.
- Manages projects with teams of 3 or more.
- Writes thorough and accurate technical reports.
- Proficient with CAD tools.
- Communicates effectively with all levels of the organization in verbal and written form.
- Stable work history & references.
- Must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.
- Experience with vibration/harmonics in machinery
- Familiar with ERP/MRP business systems (Syteline, MAS, AS/400, AX, etc.)
- Five or more years’ experience designing and testing industrial material handling equipment in a manufacturing environment.
- Proficient with AutoDesk Inventor.
- Experience with stage-and-gate product development process.
- Six sigma green belt.
Triple/S Dynamics, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Salary commensurate & excellent benefits.