Employment Opportunities at Triple/S DynamicsPosted on December 6th, 2016 by vapro
TRIPLE/S DYNAMICS, INC. designs and manufactures custom-engineered material handling equipment including vibrating conveyors, vibrating screens, rotary screens, size reduction equipment and density separators. Triple/S is currently seeking a Mechanical Engineer for its Engineering Department.
JOB TITLE: BUYER
DEPARTMENT: Materials Department
REPORTS TO: Materials Manager
This position will be responsible for ordering and supplying the organization with materials, supplies, equipment and services to support manufacturing and non-manufacturing processes.
- Follows company policies and procedures for the purchase of goods and services
- Obtains and analyzes requests for quote and negotiates pricing in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Prepares purchase orders, checking them for accuracy and completeness before issuing.
- Reviews acknowledgements for agreement with purchase orders and resolves any discrepancies with the supplier
- Reviews material exception reports and MRP for future shortages, and plans accordingly to prevent shortages.
- Monitors and follows up on all purchase orders issued to ensure compliance with quantity, specification, quality, delivery and pricing
- Resolve receiving discrepancies with the manufacturer
- Works with suppliers to obtain an RMA to return defective, incorrect materials for replacements or credit
- Associate’s degree required
- Excellent analytical, written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized with excellent time management skills
- Desktop computer and database application skills
- Ability to maintain professional relationships with suppliers and cross-departmentally with team members
- Ability to work independently without direct oversight
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills, with ability to stay on top of workload in a fast paced environment.
- 3+ years prior procurement experience in a manufacturing environment
- Working knowledge and understanding of ERP/MRP systems and their use in a manufacturing environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
This is a full time position. We are located next door to Fair Park, just East of downtown Dallas. Triple/S Dynamics is an equal opportunity employer. Submit resume to Jvillanueva@sssdynamics.com.
Triple/S Dynamics is a 130 year-old Texas based company with an incredibly rich history of engineering, manufacturing excellence and innovation. Numerous members of the Fortune 500 have benefited from our Sanitary and Industrial Slipstick horizontal motion conveyors, the Sutton Line of Gravity Separators and Stoners, the RotaScreen and Texas Shaker screening machines along with many other high-performance material handling products.
QUALITY CONTROL INSPECTOR – Dallas, TX
- Must be meticulous in the work
- Knowledge about measurement and test equipment
- Attention to detail and an aptitude for working with data are pluses
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are also crucial
- Experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, etc)
Main basic duties:
- Read blueprints and specifications
- Inspect, test, or measure materials or products being produced
- Measure products with rulers, calipers, gauges, or micrometers
- Accept or reject finished items
- Discuss inspection results with those responsible for products
- Report inspection and test data
- Organize and take good care of Quality lab
- Follow up with rejected parts and vendors or internal rework
- Experience in recommending adjustments to the assembly or production process
- Monitor operations to ensure that they meet production standards
- Good communication skills: working with vendors, product specialists, engineers, and plant personnel
- Experience with revision control/ECN process
Position is Full-time, Non-Exempt; Location near Fair Park in Dallas
The ideal candidate will be punctual and reliable, able to work cooperatively in a team environment, able to work in a partially air-conditioned manufacturing environment, have a basic understanding of safety rules and PPE requirements, willing and able to learn new skills.
Triple/S Dynamics, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Salary commensurate & excellent benefits.