The Engineering Manager is responsible for all aspects of the Mechanical Engineering Department, including Personnel Management, Staffing and Training, Quality and Design Standards, Product Development Initiatives, Design for Manufacturability, Process and Product Improvement. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
Education - Experience - Qualifications:
- Plan and direct all aspects of mechanical engineering activities within the organization.
- Manage a team of Product Specialists, Designers and Technicians.
- Provide Engineering support for Product Specialists.
- Interface with Sales Engineers/Product Managers to provide engineering lead times and equipment recommendations.
- Interface with Manufacturing to ensure Design for Manufacturability.
- Interface with Customers and Field Service personnel to resolve any post-manufacture issues.
- Project and Resource Scheduling.
- Evaluate products, parts and/or processes for cost efficiency and reliability.
- Establish and maintain drawing and design standards, drawing review process, and quality control procedures.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant regulatory and customer standards.
- Equipment safety standards, including appropriate warning labels.
- Ensure timely production & delivery of Instruction Manuals, as well as adequacy of content.
- Supervise and progress Product Development Initiatives.
- Hire, train and maintain adequate staff to ensure timely delivery of design projects.
- Periodic travel to remote manufacturing facilities across Texas, as well as some travel to domestic and international customer facilities when needed.
- Evaluation of software tools and implementation of upgrades as needed.
- Responsible for budget forecasting and adherence.
- May participate in a number of Management Team Committees.
- Reports to Company President
- Minimum BS in Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum 7 years design engineering experience with capital equipment design.
- Minimum 3 years Engineering Supervision/Management.
- Preference given to candidates with knowledge in areas of Weldment Design & Fatigue, Stress Analysis, Power Transmission, Screening performance, Inertia Drive and Natural Frequency Calculations, Load Calculations.
- Software experience with: Autocad/Inventor 2012 – 2015; Autocad Vault; ANSYS 15, MS Office 2007-2010.
- Strong organizational and time management.
- Strong team building skills and ability to work with cross-functional teams to achieve desired outcomes.
- Continuous Improvement Mindset.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Stable work history & references required.
The ideal candidate will be an effective facilitator, able to manage and coordinate multiple jobs working through others; will be able to maximize the efficiency of the Engineering Team to meet production deadlines; will possess the curiosity and analytical talents to develop new methods for quantifying engineering processes; will be a Leader that owns the results of their team, and is able to respond flexibly to meet delivery challenges; is able to develop the skill set and talents of their team; and is able to establish effective working relationships with all departments to ensure alignment with company goals.
Triple/S Dynamics, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Salary commensurate & excellent benefits.
Submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Field Service Technician
Field Service Technician to provide repair, maintenance, trouble shooting and installation supervision for our equipment at customer facilities. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Strong mechanical aptitude and hands-on maintenance & repair experience
- Knowledge of new machinery installation, including electrical machinery, hydraulics, pneumatics
- Familiarity with reading/analyzing drawings, schematics and other technical data
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 75% including some holidays and weekends
- Requires basic knowledge of 3 phase Electrical Power Supply and Control Voltages
- Welding ability (Mig, Tig, Arc) and steel fabrication skills
- Rigging and Lifting experience (Hoisting and Moving Equipment)
- Knowledgeable in safe work practices (PPE, Lock-out/tag-out, MSDS, Fall protection, etc.)
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to work independently, with little or no supervision
- Ability to use computers and Windows-based software programs
- Ability to write clearly and complete necessary paperwork and reports in a timely manner
- Valid Driver’s License and clean driving record
- Triple/S Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Benefits include medical/dental/life/ad&d coverage, 401k/profit sharing, paid vacation
- Submit resume to email@example.com. or Triple/S Dynamics, Inc., P. O. Box 151027, Dallas, TX 75315-1027, attn: Teresa Sifford
Production Control – Inventory Control Specialist
The PC-IC Specialist is responsible for all aspects of Production Control, Inventory Control and Job Scheduling, including but not limited to production order entry and transmission, bill of material verification, stock level determinations, annual physical inventory, variance investigations, cost of sales reporting, and preparation/distribution of production & shipping schedules. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
Education - Experience - Qualifications:
- Issue production orders to manufacturing facilities, including data entry to our ERP system (Syteline).
- Verify part number accuracy of bills of materials issued by Engineering Department.
- Monitor stock levels of frequently used manufactured parts and issue stock orders as required.
- Lead, guide and direct annual physical inventory, including tag generation, data entry and final reconciliation.
- Review and approve inventory adjustments as a result of variances to physical counts compared to the perpetual inventory records.
- Coordinate with Plant personnel to determine the root cause of inventory variances.
- Monitor and report inventory turns, inactive inventory, adjustments and other relevant metrics.
- Develop and implement required process changes to reduce/eliminate inventory variances, including new SOPs or other policies and procedures.
- Coordinate Engineering and Manufacturing lead times to assist in scheduling machine orders.
- Input job cost data to CRM system for monthly cost of sales reporting.
- Investigate cost discrepancies as requested.
- Evaluates the adequacy and effectiveness of associated internal controls and identify opportunities for process improvement.
- Oversee and ensure the execution of all inventory control and auditing functions.
- BS or BA in Operations, Materials Management or Supply Chain or other related degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years experience in production control/inventory control in a medium or large manufacturing environment.
- Working knowledge of ERP systems is essential. Syteline experience a plus.
- Solid Microsoft Office skills; strong Excel skills.
- Strong understanding of plant operations and how inventory transactional records are processed and maintained.
- Process driven, detail oriented and able to multi-task.
- Strong organizational, time management, mathematical and analytical skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Continuous improvement mindset.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams to achieve desired outcomes.
- Ability to travel to remote manufacturing facilities on occasion.
- The ideal candidate will be an effective facilitator, able to establish effective lines of communication with all departments to ensure alignment with production goals and deadlines.